Enjoy this recipe for Quinoa Chicken Noodle Soup: This is a great soup for a cold winter nights, transforming your favorite pot of chicken soup into something noodle-icious!
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & minced
- 1 red or white onion, freshly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts homemade broth
- 4 cups Quinoa uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Cilantro & extra lime for serving
- Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook and stir for about 7 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add in the chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper.
If you like really hot, add Sriracha sauce!