Getting chilly in your neck of the woods? Enjoy this recipe for Chicken Zoodle Soup: This is a great soup for a cold winter nights, transforming your favorite pot of chicken soup into something zoodle-icious!
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red or white onion, freshly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts homemade broth
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook and stir for about 7 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add in the chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper.
- Turn zucchini into raw noodles using a Spiral Chef spiral slicer, knife, or a vegetable peeler.
- Drain the zucchini noodles of excess water before placing them into a large bowl.
- Don’t risk tossing the zucchini noodles into the pot with the rest of the ingredients, this could turn them to mush losing all their texture.
- Put a handful of zoodles in your bowl and ladle the chicken soup on top and let it sit for 2 minutes
If you like Pho style then you can add cilantro, Sriracha sauce or coconut aminos.