Roasted Red Pepper “Cream” Sauce
- Makes about 3 cups
- 8 medium size sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of steamed sweet potato chunks
- 1 cup coconut milk (non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red peppers
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Throw all ingredients into a blender until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- While your roasted red peppers are steaming away for the sauce! Start spiralizing noodles out of 8 medium sized raw sweet potatoes, using a Spiral Chef spiralizer or you could also use a vegetable peeler to make fettucinni-like noodles.
- This gives you time to add sweet potato noodles to a medium size-bowl to determining your portion sizes.
- Next add in the sweet potato noodles, and cook just long enough for them to get slightly tender.
- Immediately add the cream sauce, and well coat the noodles.
- For 1 minute– steam the noodles and heats everything thoroughly
- Serve immediately.