Here’s what you need to do to prepare spaghetti style zucchini noodles.. Original recipe makes 8 servings.
Prep time: 20 minutes. Ready in: 45 minutes.
- 8 zucchini, Spiral Chef™ Spiralizer -Made Spaghetti Style Zucchini Noodles.
- Press the zucchini against the blade of the Spiral Chef™ and turn just like a pencil sharpener. As you turn and press on the zucchini, thin spirals should come out of the other end of the blade.
- (Primarily, the zucchini peel offers extra fiber, and dietary fiber can help regulate your digestive system.)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon cheyenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt; to taste
Raw – Serve cold
Boil – 4-6 mins
Saute’ – Medium Heat: 3-5 mins
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Fill a medium saucepan between 1/2 and 2/3 full with water. Place it on the stove and heat it over medium-high until the water reaches a rolling boil. Add Kosher salt.
- After the water reaches a boil, add a generous amount of salt to the water. The zucchini will absorb the salt as it cooks, thereby becoming flavored on both the inside and outside. You can add salt before the water reaches a boil, but doing so will cause the water to take a longer amount of time to reach a steady boil.
- While zucchini is boiling, cook and stir ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Set beef aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, green and red bell peppers, both amounts of crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano and thyme. Simmer over medium heat until vegetables are cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the ground beef and onions; stir to combine. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, while you finish preparing your zucchini spaghetti noodles.
- Divide onto 8 plates. Drizzle each serving of spaghetti with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and top each serving with a generous amount of meat sauce.