Gluten-Free Recipes: Mango Pineapple Habanero Chutney:
- 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 large onion, minced,
- 6″ – piece of fresh ginger roots, peeled and minced,
- 1 1/2 cups chopped habanero minced or to taste,
- 1/2 large red bell peppers, diced,
- 2 fresh squeezed limes
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, diced,
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, reserve any juice,
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt,
- 2 1/2 cups or 3 mangos, peeled, then diced,
- 1/2 cup pure cane or brown sugar, packed,
- 1 1/2 tbsp. organic curry powder, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 clove minced garlic,
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, Habanero peppers. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until onions have softened, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not brown onions.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium, and stir in the ginger, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper.
Cook the vegetables, stirring continuously, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add pineapple and any juice, pure cane sugar, freshly ground black pepper, curry powder and vinegar, and stir to combine. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow chutney to cool completely. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.